Monday, August 22, 2011

Welcome To The Sports Lab


It's been a long time coming, but there's no time better than right now to open The Sports Lab, the long-awaited sports/entertainment blog.  Many know me as Dr. Sports, Three60 (my emcee moniker), Dr. Strange, etc.   Oh yeah.  And Ian Cooper too. All names and titles that were given to me.   

As a guy with a life long passion for sports, (and a propensity to run his mouth unprompted), combined with a talent for writing, it made perfect sense for me to create a forum for die-hard sports fans as well as casual sports fans interested in a spot to visit for informed sports knowledge, and also a place to share their own opinions as well.   

I plan on having a nice list of contributing writers helping to make this the best sports blog on the net!   We'd like for you, the viewers, to take ownership of the blog by introducing topics of your own interest for us to discuss and to decipher.    

My specialty is NFL, NBA, MLB, and also College Football and Basketball ON the field/court.  However, off the field issues are also of keen interest of mine when it comes to media coverage (or lack thereof) of certain topics, the oversaturation of certain sports/entertainment subjects, racial issues in sports, agents and player relationships, unintelligent commissioners, winners of the genetic lottery also known as sons and daughters of rich people who happen to be owners of sports franchises, etc.

I’m a lifetime fan of the New York Knicks, New York Yankees, and San Francisco 49ers, but I’m a REALIST when it comes to all of my teams.   I’ve been accused of being too negative or too picky when it comes to my team and its players.  All I can say is I’m honest.    I don’t let my fandom stop there.  I follow all three leagues and sports on a daily basis and have a very informed opinion on players and teams throughout all three leagues.   

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love to debate sports.  They also know my track record against them is pretty much flawless on some of the most heated discussions we've engaged in over the years (whether they admit it or not!).   I'm giving them, and anyone else who dares to challenge me, a chance to catch up and even the stakes.  It'll all be on record, and as always will all be in good fun.  Nothing here is personal.  We’re just a bunch of people who love talking sports.  

 Sports is healthy.

1 comment: